What is the Difference Between a 2D and 3D Rendered Floor Plan?
2D Floor Plans Allow to
- communicate the technical side of the project which is essential for specialty contractors who will work on the housing project.
- show very clearly the structure of the house including load-bearing walls, wall types, the opening direction and orientation of the windows and doors.
- display the measurements of each room and the surface areas.
3D Floor Plans Allow to
- communicate the vision of the house design to the home buyer
- get a great understanding of the overall project. This is the reason why home builders, remodelers or interior designers create them to help their clients envision their space.
- show a fully furnished project to visualize the actual size of each room and identify where revisions are necessary to fit with the clients needs.
They are created with a floor plan software and are usually presented together with interior and exterior 3D renderings to the home buyers. These deliverables are essential to sell a home project.
Both 2D and 3D rendered floor plans are used by housing professionals to present a house project to different people involved in a house building project.
Tips about how to choose the best floor plan rendering software in this article .